nextCONNECTIONThe nextCONNECTION Business Technology program exposes small business owners to apps, software, and hardware that can be used to accelerate their business growth. Students will be introduced to lean startup principles, and will learn how to leverage mobile and web applications to increase customers, develop digital products and services, and market their business.
Students who participate in the program will:
· Refine their business model using the Lean Canvas
· Develop a technology implementation plan and presentation
The program includes:
· 2 hours per week of classroom instruction
· Unlimited personalized one-on-one consulting sessions with CUL EC consulting staff
“The Go Dutch Today team is doing very well. We are prepared to launch our Beta platform. Thanks to the lessons learned during the nextConnection classes we have developed a lean partnership, tested our model (ongoing) and started developing strategic partnerships. Prior to nextConnection we were 3 girls at a pizza shop imaging our ideas but now we are entrepreneurs. Thank you for the continued support and guidance”
-Alexandria Willis, Go Dutch Today App
The ideal student for nextCONNECTION should:
· Have completed nextSTEP, an equivalent business development course, or have an existing business plan
· Have an existing customer base
· Have disposable income for technology upgrades.
· Be able to make classes on Monday nights